Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
161

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

The Silent Sister

The Silent Sister - Diane Chamberlain
bookshelves: arc, contemporary, mother-daughter-family,mystery-thriller-horror, 2014-book-challenge, first-reads
Read from November 12 to 28, 2014 — I own a copy

I probably should have spent more time reading this book in one sitting. At first, I had a difficult time getting involved. I couldn't connect with any of the characters emotionally. And, again, it may be because I didn't have the time to spend reading it. I had to read in snippets and I just hate that! When I get a book to read, I like to involve myself completely in the story, either it grabs me right away or it stalls. This one stalled. That being said, once I got half way into the story of Riley, her painful past, and her misfortunate family, I became invested. The second half was great! It really was. However, I was able to put the pieces of the puzzling mystery together a lot sooner than the author intended and I pretty much nailed the ending. Overall, I would probably recommend The Silent Sister. I just wouldn't recommend it for everyone.

*I received this ARC in a Goodreads giveaway. The review is my own.
Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/968111456