Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
160

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

My Lewis Descendants

To Live Forever: An Afterlife Journey of Meriwether Lewis - Andra Watkins

I saw this title on Goodreads and my curiosity was piqued. My father is a proud carrier of the Lewis name and he is well read on his descendants. I grew up playing in my father's study, amongst his many books and stories of Meriwether Lewis, The Lewis and Clark Expeditions, Lewis of Warner Hall, and books of the great Sinclair Lewis. Shamefully, until recently, (perhaps it is because I am older and wiser) I had never taken an interest in my famous relatives and their many contributions to this world. A couple of months ago, my mother had taken Lewis of Warner Hall down from the shelf and was explaining some interesting facts to me. I come from great lineage. I'm proud of that. On my mother's maternal side of the family, I can proudly claim that George Washington sits on a limb of the family tree. We fondly call him Uncle George. Getting back to this book here, To Live Forever: An Afterlife Journey of Meriwether Lewis, this may be fiction but it's the perfect place for me to start taking an interest in my roots and how I got here. After all, my descendants worked hard to establish themselves and make a name for our family and furture generations. It's time I pay attention.