Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
161

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

~ Books as Gifts ~

Dead Wake: The Last Crossing of the Lusitania - Erik Larson When War Played Through: Golf During World War II - John Strege The Forgotten 500: The Untold Story of the Men Who Risked All for the Greatest Rescue Mission of World War II   [FORGOTTEN 500 9D] [Compact Disc] - Gregory A.'(Author) ; Lawlor,  Patrick Girard(Read by) Freeman

I purchased these books a couple of days ago. There to be Fathers Day gifts for my beloved daddy.  Ya see, dad is a serious WWII buff. He probably knows everything there is to know about Germany,  the Nazi regime,  Winston Churchill, the unsuccessful Operation Market Garden, which my paternal great Uncle Boots was a part of. My uncle, Morris Brown, bravely parachuted into history, bullets flying, in what is still the largest Airborne operation in history. Operation Market Garden was supposed to shorten WWII but it was a massive failure.  Uncle Boots survived and lived to tell a harrowing, heroic story nonetheless. My father was just a wee lad during WWII but he was aware that something major was occurring across the Atlantic. When my father glanced his young uncle in uniform,  it was hero worshipping he did. After the war, my uncle sat my dad on his knee, filling him with war stories. An obsession was born. My dad watches nothing on tv but WWII movies, biographies,  documentaries.  If it's WWII related,  Pop's has seen it! He has countless book upon book of WWII history. So, I figured I couldn't go wrong with a few more books about WWII.  One can never know enough about WWII or at least that's what my dad says. Although Dead Wake occurs during WWI, I've cleverly added it for a reason. Disguised as a gift for Father's Day,  after he reads it, it will then fall into my hands. I've been wanting this book for some time now. Don't worry.  Pop's will love it. I'm sure he'll be more than happy to share it with me.  If not, I'm afraid Dad's going to know a whole lot about WWIII too.

Have you shopped for Father's Day yet? Books make great gifts and your dad can then share them with his sweet, thoughtful child. Yep! I'm my daddy's Baby Girl!! I love that man! He's the greatest daddy ever! He really is.  He's also one of my very best & dearest friends.