Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
160

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase by Louise Walters

Mrs Sinclair's Suitcase - Louise Walters

Absolutely. Loved. This. Book!!

Told in past/present form, Mrs. Sinclair's Suitcase had a charm all its own. Each chapter begins with a description of notes, cards, or random finds found between the pages of used books. It is here that present-day Roberta stumbles across a letter that she suspects belonged to her paternal grandmother. Confused, Roberta begins to search for clues to her 110 year old grandmother's past. In the meantime,  the reader begins to learn about Roberta, her boss, and the shop's two coworkers. Roberta's life is nothing spectacular but her story is interesting and I enjoyed getting to know her and her surroundings. Roberta is a young woman I'd like to know.

WWII. Dorothy lives in a quaint cottage and has had one misfortune after the other until a Polish pilot enters her life unexpectedly. Dorothy's story was my favorite,  although I enjoyed both. Roberta and Dorothy's tales collide with heartbreak and triumph. Louise Walters knows how to write a story with thoughtful characters that keep reader's hearts invested. Great read! I will definitely recommend this to all of my friends.

*Special thanks to Penguin's First to Read program for sending me a digital copy in exchange for an honest review.