Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
161

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

A Paris Affair by Tatiana de Rosnay

A Paris Affair - Sam Taylor Mullens, Tatiana de Rosnay
Read from August 13 to 17, 2015 — I own a copy

Every now and then I take a detour from my normal reading material. Consider this one of those occasions. I've never read anything written by de Rosnay but I've got some of her books on my digital shelves. I won a copy of this book. It's a compilation of short stories. Marital discord and infidelity. Stuff I hope to never experience. I'm not sure why I chose to read this. I think I thought it would be something different. I'm not much for romance novels and I damn sure don't condone sexual escapades outside of marriage. I respect my husband and I generally think my husband likes me. I suspect he even adores me. To be honest, I felt a bit voyeuristic as I read these short stories that all take place in Paris or France. The French are much more tolerant of affairs. I definitely understand that after reading this. Whilst reading, I felt like I was somewhere I shouldn't be, spying on people I didn't like. But, there was one, The Red Notebook, that kind of had me saying, "Well, good for you!"

*I received an ARC courtesy of Author's Buzz and St. Martin's Press