Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
161

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

Readathon Progress

Last year I missed Dewey's 24-hour Readathon. This year, I promised myself I'd free up some JUST ME time. Well, I did but there are those that have other ideas about what I should be doing. Hey! Reading is important to me. It's like an everyday mini vacation. I take my reading time serious. I guess next year I'll have to fly to a remote peak in Tibet. Maybe I'll get some reading done then. Also, the adopted dog had puppies. She's a first time mom and not very good at it. I'd like to think she cares about her giant brood of cuties but I'm just not certain she's feeding them enough. So, I have to supplement their meals twice a day. Once I'm around them, it's hard to break away from their clever puppy sweetness. By the way, there are ten!

Needless to say, I've only finished one complete book and it's an audiobook, A Doll House by Henrik Ibsen. I didn't really have a game plan going in to this readathon. I'm not much of a planner. I'm more of a spur of the moment, wing it kind of gal. I might need to rethink this next readathon, especially after reading everyone's posts.  So well planned. Listen, I'm fortunate to even get this post together. I do have a few books set aside for today's reading. Nothing written in stone though. Next up on my reading list is Afton Villa.

Back to reading. Hope everyone that is participating is having fun. I think that's the main objective, right?! That and remembering how Dewey's Readathon began.

Happy Reading!