Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
160

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

Recap of Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-thon

End of Event Survey

1) Which hour was most daunting for you? The 18th hour was hell. I had just finished my 2nd book and thought I'd write the review then, instead of later. Mistake. Spent too much time concocting the perfect review only to be interrupted (AGAIN!) before I could complete post. Set aside until I could return to add pics to review Once returned to tablet, found someone had mistakenly picked up tablet and lost my page. Grrrrgh! Devastated. I had really written a well thought out piece and even included a yummy recipe for Afton Villa Iced Cafe au Lait. I was miffed and my frustration set me back. A lot!!

2) Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year? I'm going to suggest three titles that were on my 2016 readathon list and was really looking forward to digging in to each. The Vegetarian by Han Kang, Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks, and The Last Madam by Christine Wiltz, whom I love. She's a riveting writer and I really enjoyed her book, The Glass House.

3) Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next season? If Dewey's could figure out how to add more time to a 24-hour period, that'd be great. Never enough time.

4) What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon? Event posts, coordinators, and cheerleaders are the best. How can one improve on perfection?

5) How many books did you read? Sadly, I only completed two. :(

6) What were the names of the books you read? A Doll's House by Henrik Ibsen and Afton Villa by Genevieve Munson Trimble.

7) Which book did you enjoy most? Afton Villa. Exquisite! Fascinating history behind the plantation home that was destroyed by fire and the gardens that have been lovingly restored and maintained for forty years. Just beautiful!

8) Which did you enjoy least? I enjoyed both of my book selections.

9) How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time? Time allowing, I will definitely be joining Dewey's readathon again. So much fun when one can fully engage and participate in all of the giveaways and challenges. The first year I participated in Dewey's, I was a reader and a cheerleader. I enjoyed meeting new readers, sharing the joy of reading, and happily cheering weary readers on. Next readathon I'd like to be secluded away from all distractions and be a bit more organized with book selections. And, most importantly, I just want to have fun.

Until next time, happy reading, Dewey readathoners!! A special thanks to all the cheerleaders, event coordinators, Dewey cohosts, and ALL of Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-thon participants. Thank you, Dewey!! Look how amazing this event has become! Wish you were here to share in this special reading event.