Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
160

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

The Four Corners of the Sky

The Four Corners of the Sky - Michael Malone Four Corners of BORING!!

Took me forever to read. I am normally a voracious reader and this book was plain torture to get through. I considered placing it aside but I am one that has to finish something I've started, afraid I would miss something great. Well, I can tell you THIS; I missed nothing and I can't believe I wasted so much time with this story, one that should've been told in a short novella because it lacked interest for anything over 120 pages. The whole time, all I could think was GET ON WITH IT ALREADY!!! And, don't even get me started on the goofy cliches.
Lieutenant Annie P. Goode is a top gun pilot in the U.S. Navy. She drives a Porsche. She breaks records (and the hometown band honors her with a little diddy to the tune of "Johnny Be Good"). When she takes flight, air-traffic control tower clears her for takeoff with, "And you're Goode to go!!" Somebody shoot me!!! And then, to insult women everywhere, the author thought up a fat sidekick friend for Annie. Annie, of course, had men tripping all over her but the overweight, RICH, doctor friend, who was apparently unworthy of a love life because of her weight, must constantly be a goofy joke. Poor, unloved Georgette!! Really? Yes! Was a tedious read for me. The plot line is ridiculous and I rather hate myself for reading this. So many wasted nights when I could've been reading, Oh! I don't know, ANYTHING ELSE!!! Sorry, this was just Four Corners to many for me!