Lagniappe Literature

maryeve
161

The Lost Heiress (Ladies of the Manor)
Roseanna M. White
Progress: 391/448 minutes
, , , , ,
Clean Sweep ARC Challenhe

Haatchi and Little B: The True Story of One Boy and His Dog

Haatchi and Little B: The True Story of One Boy and His Dog - Wendy Holden [b:Haatchi & Little B: The Inspiring True Story of One Boy and His Dog|20945097|Haatchi & Little B The Inspiring True Story of One Boy and His Dog|Wendy Holden|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1400987846s/20945097.jpg|40316516] is such an incredible story of love, devotion, courage, sacrifice, healing, and forgiveness. It's an inspiring true story of heroic people that refuse to be defeated by the inhumane cruelty of man, about those willing to go the extra mile and a half to save a soulful Anatolian Shepherd, found dying on a railway track and facing certain death. [b:Haatchi & Little B: The Inspiring True Story of One Boy and His Dog|20945097|Haatchi & Little B The Inspiring True Story of One Boy and His Dog|Wendy Holden|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1400987846s/20945097.jpg|40316516] is a magical story of how fate brought a three pawed, gentle giant to a loving, little boy and a forever home. Dog and boy would always require special attention due to their own special needs but HOW did the Fates know that placing Haatchi with Little B would be the perfect saving grace for both?! Karma. The BEST kind of Karma that brought about the best of everyone that came in contact with the Howkin's and their beloved dog, Haatchi.

East London, January 9, 2012, was a night of horror for the Anatolian Shepherd puppy. That someone had intentionally placed the animal in harm's way is certain. After being struck by the train, tail and back leg horribly mangled, the dog managed to crawl to partial-safety, where he was found bleeding to death. Cruel intentions were thwarted on this bitter night. A dog was about to change the lives of many.

Less than 50 miles away, Little B (Little Buddy) was facing struggles of his own, diagnosed with a rare condition known as Schwartz-Jampel syndrome.

This is a story about a boy and his dog and how each found strength, courage, and independence from the other.

"It was as if Little B had been a bud waiting for the light and love of Haatchi to wake his
flower."

I have to say, when I picked up this book that I had received as an ARC giveaway for review, I was in a depressed state of mind, feeling sorry for myself and brooding over the horrible week I'd had. As I began reading the first few chapters, I started crying tears of sorrow. How can a human treat a dog so cruelly? WHY?! When dog and boy were introduced and began to heal each other, I REALLY cried tears of joy, my faith in humanity restored. Haatchi and Little B's story has once again touched someone's life and managed to bring about a smile and inspiration to my day. Powerful stuff!